Sunday, January 31, 2010

UN Parade: Dutch Costume

0 comments
When I was a kid, I remember I wore a Dutch costume during a parade for the UN. I still have that dress in my closet. As a talent, I performed a dance presentation. It is colorful and features a black skirt and blouse highlighted by a brilliantly striped apron and a large white collar. A fitted eyelet hat hugs the head and is adorned by "kissers." It was fun wearing it but I was a bit annoyed by the hat and the length of the dress.

One time, my niece saw that dress and asked me if she could borrow it for her UN parade in school. I definitely let her borrow it and was teary-eyed to see myself at her when I was still small wearing that Dutch dress.

And by the way! I also made a Dutch dress as a costume for my niece’s Barbie doll.



January 31, 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment